PGA Jr. League
PGA Jr. League
What is PGA Jr. League?
PGA Jr. League is a fun, social and inclusive opportunity for boys and girls, ages 13 and under, to learn and enjoy the game of golf from PGA and LPGA Professionals. Like many other recreational youth sports, participants wear numbered jerseys and play on teams with friends.
There are numerous benefits associated with the program:
- Playing on a team is low-pressure and less stressful. The primary goal is to enjoy the game for life!
- There is no individual scoring and all the players get to play in every competition!
- “Flags” are awarded and collected throughout the season to display proudly on their bag-tags.
- Coaches have the ability to alternate players to maximize the team’s success.
- Numbered jerseys for each of the players helps build a sense of identity for each participant.
- Opportunity for advancement through Regional Competitions.
Similar to other youth recreational sports, PGA Jr. League encourages and relies on parental involvement. In addition to making sure participants get to matches and practices, parents can play an important role in the success of their team:
- Team captain/assistant
- Match monitor/scorer
- Player recruitment
Participant fees to play on a PGA Jr. League team are determined by each individual Team Captain and may vary from team-to-team.
What PGA Jr. League Players Receive:
- Home and Away Team Jerseys
- PGA Jr. League t-shirts
- PGA Jr. League Bag Tags
- PGA Jr. League Hat
- PGA Jr. League Drawstring Bags
- 5-6 regular-season league competitions
- Instruction from a PGA Professional
- Team practices
- Opportunity for All-Star Advancement
- Access to the PGA Jr. League Website
- Access to the PGA Jr. League Online Store
Detailed information is available on their website at pgajrleague.com